Available for women who have given birth recently (given birth in the last year) or who are down the track (after a few births and deliveries years ago).
Experience an Award winning postnatal recovery programme
Women’s wellness consultation
Everyone is thoroughly screened by us to make sure they are safe to come into the programme. We liaise with a variety of physiotherapists and will refer you when necessary. All your fitness goals are listed. Your tummy muscles, alignment, core connection, c-section scars, breathing, blood pressure and movement patterns are all assessed and documented also a full birth account and past medical history. This is a very comprehensive check and takes an hour. This is essential before the programme starts.
Highly qualified and experienced personal trainer
We also help reduce diastasis, improve pelvic floor function and connection, build cardiovascular fitness, help to calm the nervous system and relax you as well.
Benefits for you
- Improve Tummy appearance
- Diastasis rehabilitation
- Assessment of pelvic pain
- Improve pelvic floor strength
- Improve incontinence
- Exercise safely with prolapse and birth trauma
- Tone and strengthen
- Improve flexibility
- Improve aches and pains
- Increase cardiovascular fitness
- Help with weight loss and nutrition for healing
- Fitness for motherhood
- Postural corrections
- Lifting safely post birth
- C-section recovery
- Confidence to get back into that gym class or sport safely
- Improve mental health
- Know what your core is and how to get this working every time you lift.
- Lifetime value
- Full postnatal assessment
- Referral to pelvic health physiotherapy as required.
- Member only private video series, including 8 weeks worth of exercises, beautifully shot relaxing stretches, resources and educational videos. This is great if you miss a class or want to exercise more than once a week
- Small classes so we can focus on your needs.
Women who are down the track post birthing
- Main benefits for those women who are down the track as I restore your core function and show you how to get your core on with everyday movement. This is important to prevent prolapse and leaking of urine with exercise.
- I show you ways to improve your tummy appearance and muscle function. This is very important when after you have had many pregnancies and births because your core muscles have been affected and the risk of prolapse increases with each vaginal birth and as you head to menopause.
- C-section scars also need reviewing to free up scar tissue that has been laid down to improve scar appearance, blood supply and movement and potentially improve core function.
Video access for 6 months
Lynda has has poured all her knowledge into this side of the programme for you to access. All of her years of experience you will see reflected in the video’s and in the programing in the classes each week.
The exercise in the video’s differs to the class offering. There is so much education in the video’s too. We are keeping this library fresh and updated.
- 8 weeks worth of progressive exercises to make you feel fitter and stronger.
Pelvic floor exercises are all integrated into the movements.
- Learning to engage your pelvic floor as you lift your baby, get off the floor or throw your pram in the boot.
- Learn how to improve your tummy appearance in quick easy steps.
- How to feel fitter and stronger for motherhood and get back safely into that sport or gym class.
- Diet and life style advice around postnatal healing and weight loss.
- What has happened to your pelvic floor from birthing and pregnancy.
- How to recover from c-section and vaginal tearing.
Pelvic health Physiotherapy
- Following our Women’s wellness consultation to the programme we may refer you to pelvic health physiotherapy. This is a separate cost to the programme.
- Pelvic Health physio’s are skilled in assessing pelvic floor muscles on a deeper level as these muscles are internal muscles. The physio’s can also help with pelvic pain, breathing patterns sexual issues, and diastasis.
- Depending on what you are needing they may do an internal examination to assess for prolapse, birth trauma, and also the strength of your pelvic floor.
- They can check your pelvic floor muscle balance. As with any muscle it can become tight or weak. Sometimes your pelvic floor muscle may need releasing or it may need strengthening up, some times it may need both.
- It is important to know what your pelvic floor muscle needs the most. It will be affected from pregnancy, vaginal or c-section births. There are things that can impact on your pelvic floor muscle even before you become pregnant!
- When you have seen a pelvic health physio you can still come into my programmes. We receive a report back which enables us to personalise your exercise prescription.
- We show you in the programme how to use your breath and your pelvic floor muscle when you are doing complex movements such as throwing a pram in the boot or getting up from the floor.
- Essentially you move from being able to activate and relax your pelvic floor in lying to being able to integrate it with your everyday movements at home.
Our dedicated trainer
Lynda Lovatt, owner of Puff Fitness, Reps registered personal trainer, Registered Nurse and Winner Programme Excellence Postnatal Recovery programme, NZ Exercise Industry awards 2017.
Lynda has kept on adding value into her programmes. She has set a very high standard after years of developing this programme. Lynda has focussed her attention to go deeper to find out and address the needs of the consumer. Attention to detail, deep knowledge base, and outstanding client care is something she is good at. These are the standards she will expect others who run her programmes to adhere to as she moves these live programmes throughout New Zealand and eventually online global.
Lynda has over 13 years experience as a Registered Nurse before retraining in fitness in 2010. She is now a REPs-registered personal trainer.
Lynda has completed her Advanced continuing professional development in modern postnatal assessment, core restore and functional exercise programming. She is also highly qualified in pregnancy exercise and birth preparation programming. Lynda has done numerous other courses and conferences in women’s health and she continues to up skill in this area.
Buy Online Programme
Book a call with me
Book in a free phone consultation using our online booking form below