With the hormonal changes that occur around midlife, we can prescribe exercise to suit the needs of your body.
Women’s Wellness consultation
This includes a half hour consultation covering a women’s wellness check and then a tummy muscle, core connection and breathing assessment.
Qualified and experienced trainer
Benefits for you
- In the classes expect to see exercise specific the the needs of this life stage.
- Resistance work to build muscle and bone strength and burn fat at rest.
- Pelvic floor connection and relaxation work. This muscle is affected around menopause.
- Balance work using Gymstick, as balance can become more challenging as we age.
- Revision on how to lift safely to protect your pelvic floor as you age.
- Permission to lie down, remember to breathe to lower cortisol levels which can be heightened during this time due to rushing women’s syndrome.
- Exercise to boost cardiovascular fitness for heart health.
What is the Gymstick?
Gymstick is a pole with two resistance bands attached to each end. It provides a fun workout, it is simple and effective to use.
- Burn fat during and after the session.
- Increases flexibiity.
- Improves coordination.
- Increases muscle tone and strength.
- Improves muscular endurance.
- Integrates your core muscle with everyday movements.
- Improves your mood.
- Raises your endorphins.
- Gymstick feels great to use the resistance if fully adaptable so you can increase or decrease the resistance to work a specific muscle group.
- You can always switch up to another band as you get stronger.
- The work out provides you with a fun warm up and an an amazing cool down at the end.
- Gymstick is very comfortable and light weight to use.
How to get results:
- For fat burning, muscle building, flexibility use Gymstick at least 3 times per week with the longer workouts.
- With the shorter workouts try Gymstick every second day.
- Check out the Pelvic floor cues video before you start to help you connect with this muscle during your Gymstick workout.
Click here to shop for the product on the official website.
Video access to my online Gymstick Videos
Pelvic health Physiotherapy
- Following our Women’s wellness consultation to the programme we may refer you to pelvic health physiotherapy. This is a separate cost to the programme.
- Pelvic Health physio’s are skilled in assessing pelvic floor muscles on a deeper level as these muscles are internal muscles. The physio’s can also help with pelvic pain, breathing patterns sexual issues, and diastasis.
- Depending on what you are needing they may do an internal examination to assess for prolapse, birth trauma, and also the strength of your pelvic floor.
- They can check your pelvic floor muscle balance. As with any muscle it can become tight or weak. Sometimes your pelvic floor muscle may need releasing or it may need strengthening up, some times it may need both.
- It is important to know what your pelvic floor muscle needs the most. It will be affected from pregnancy, vaginal or c-section births. There are things that can impact on your pelvic floor muscle even before you become pregnant!
- When you have seen a pelvic health physio you can still come into my programmes. We receive a report back which enables us to personalise your exercise prescription.
- We show you in the programme how to use your breath and your pelvic floor muscle when you are doing complex movements such as throwing a pram in the boot or getting up from the floor.
- Essentially you move from being able to activate and relax your pelvic floor in lying to being able to integrate it with your everyday movements at home.
Our dedicated trainer
Lynda Lovatt, owner of Puff Fitness, Reps registered personal trainer, Registered Nurse and Winner Programme Excellence Postnatal Recovery programme, NZ Exercise Industry awards 2017.
Lynda has kept on adding value into her programmes. She has set a very high standard after years of developing this programme. Lynda has focussed her attention to go deeper to find out and address the needs of the consumer. Attention to detail, deep knowledge base, and outstanding client care is something she is good at. These are the standards she will expect others who run her programmes to adhere to as she moves these live programmes throughout New Zealand and eventually online global.
Lynda has over 13 years experience as a Registered Nurse before retraining in fitness in 2010. She is now a REPs-registered personal trainer.
Lynda has completed her Advanced continuing professional development in modern postnatal assessment, core restore and functional exercise programming. She is also highly qualified in pregnancy exercise and birth preparation programming. Lynda has done numerous other courses and conferences in women’s health and she continues to up skill in this area.
Book a call with me
Book in a free phone consultation using our online booking form below